GMP Recruitment are recruiting on behalf of our client in Worcester for a PHP Web Developer to join their Worcester based, award winning team on a full time, permanent basis.
Our client is a world leader that specialises in the design and development of assisted technology which is used to support individuals who are blind, partially or restrictively sighted or with learning difficulties.
We are supporting their recruitment for a brilliant, passionate and hardworking Developer to join a well-established development team to develop, support, improve and maintain their customer facing website, various web based applications and internal web based tools.
As a Web Developer, you will have the ability to fully grasp and understand their user requirements and then design, develop, test and maintain software to suit.
The ideal candidate for this position will be able to demonstrate a minimum 2 years’ experience working in a web development role and can evidence a previous portfolio of work.
PHP Web Developer main duties:
- Creation of new functionality for client websites and web based tools
- Consistently monitor and improve performance and security of the website
- Be the subject matter expert for any queries around the website
- Collaborate with the development team to ensure efficient functionality and access to the website and web based tools
PHP Web Developer desired skills and experience:
You must have a good understanding of:
- Apache on Linux as a web server.
We would also be interested to know about your practical experiences and knowledge of any of the following:
- Accessibility – W3C-WCAG
- NPM package manager
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Microsoft Dynamics
- Laravel & Symfony
- Bootstrap (PHP)
- Google Analytics
- Internet Security and data integrity techniques
- Privacy, Cookies and GDPR
- Search Engine Optimization
- GIT source control
- User experience design and usability testing
This position has the ability for an immediate start for the successful candidate.
For the above skills and experience, you will be offered a salary up to £32K which is commensurate with experience, plus additional company benefits.
If you are a time served, results driven and enthusiastic PHP Web Developer that wants to join a highly successful and fast growing company, then I WANT TO HEAR FROM YOU.
GMP Recruitment are recruiting for this role on behalf of their client and are acting as a Recruitment Agency.