GMP Recruitment are proud to be partnered with a hugely successful and highly recognised leading international manufacturer located in Somerset. We are recruiting on their behalf for a Part Engineer with a high level of professional and technical expertise, to work with some of this well-established company’s key customers and new product development, to join their team on a full time, permanent contract.
Our client manufactures high-precision alloy components supplying to the aerospace and defence sectors and have seen substantial growth in the last few years.
As Part Engineer your role will be to ensure processes meet customer requirements and business cost targets. This involves liaising with and providing technical support to the Operations, Quality and Process Engineering functions. Key to the role is the requirement to research and assess suitability of new developments in design processes and communicate recommendations for change and enhancements to the site.
This position is Monday – Friday 37.5 hours a week.
We would love to hear from you if you possess a minimum of HND/HNC in Mechanical Engineering, Material Science or Foundry Technology (bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering, material science or foundry technology preferred) and a minimum of 2 years’ experience in product development in a related casting Industry.
Parts Engineer main duties:
- Design processes and tooling to produce parts that meet the customers’ requirements.
- Collaborate with customer design departments to ensure parts are designed for manufacture
- Preparation of technical projects with cost justifications and timelines to develop and introduce new products
- Act as a point of contact for internal departments for product engineering issues
- Lead improvement initiatives in part value engineering exercises
- Reduce nonvalue added waste and part costs
- Ongoing liaison with the technical centre to ensure ‘state-of-the-art’ design practice is adopted.
- Assist with Contract Reviews and Quote procedures
- Liaise with relevant departments to ensure that products meet customer needs
- Lead and project manage part validation process including customer communications
- Understand and fully comply with all site rules and procedures
Parts Engineer desired skills and experience:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in product development in a related casting Industry (essential)
- HND/HNC in Mechanical Engineering, Material Science or Foundry Technology
- Full working knowledge of techniques such as 8D, FMEA, FAIR, Rapid prototyping SLA, SLS
- Working knowledge of CAD/CAE.
- Good working knowledge and use of Casting simulation modelling software (Pro-cast)
- Full working knowledge of MS Office
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and self-motivated.
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Project management
- Analytical problem solver
Team fit is equally as important as experience, and we are looking for individuals with a positive attitude and ambitious drive that want to grow within the business.
The successful Parts Engineer will be offered a salary of £40-45K, plus excellent fringe benefits including contributory pension scheme, life assurance, opportunities for future training and development, Simply Health Cashback Healthcare and more.
If the above position sounds perfect for you, or you require more information, please click apply or contact GMP Recruitment directly.