GMP Recruitment are proud to be partnered with a hugely successful and highly recognised leading international manufacturer located on the outskirts of Worcester. We are recruiting on their behalf for a Part Engineer 3 to join their team on a full time, permanent contract.
The role purpose is to take responsibility for developing and maintaining the metallurgical and dimensional integrity of a portfolio of investment castings. The candidate will provide engineering and technical support for a family of Industrial Gas Turbine (IGT) castings in our Turbine Aerofoils Business. The role supports new product development as well as legacy product improvement.
This position is Monday – Friday 37.5 hours a week.
The ideal candidate would be a pro-active experienced engineer with the ability to gather and interpret data and implement a series of actions to bring about an efficient manufacturing process, working in conjunction with both process owners and the operations team. The role is suited to a highly self-motivated individual who can operate under minimal supervision whilst providing high quality outcomes and engineering decisions.
Ideally you will possess extensive technical expertise/analysis as a generalist or specialist in casting of superalloys.
Part Engineer 3 main duties:
- Development of a casting process to meet customer specifications while achieving target quality and costs.
- Providing program management for an individual portfolio of parts for NPDI and serial production.
- Continuously reduce cost to manufacture through improvement projects and waste reduction activities.
- Develop and create written manufacturing process instructions and manufacturing control plans for investment cast products.
- Work concurrently with customers to improve manufacturability of castings.
- Apply extensive technical expertise/analysis to the investment casting process.
- Regularly contribute to key technical decision and technology/process planning activities on a tactical and strategic basis.
- Exercise a significant degree of leadership to projects and programs.
- Lead major research or product development project consisting of multiple modules or sub-projects.
- Evaluate proposed or ongoing projects.
- Interact with senior technical management and/or customers on significant technical matters.
Part Engineer 3 desired skills and experience:
- Extensive technical expertise/analysis as a generalist or specialist in casting of superalloys.
- Broad knowledge of materials science, mechanical and industrial engineering along with investment casting technology.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills in process development and provision of engineering solutions.
- Strong communication skills at all levels of the organisation.
- Project Management experience
It is preferred you can demonstrate an undergraduate engineering related degree (BEng/BSc) with 7-10 years relevant experience or a Masters degree (MEng/MSc) with 5-7 years relevant experience, or PhD in appropriate academic discipline with 2-4 years relevant experience.
Membership of an appropriate technical body, e.g. IOMMM or IMechE would be an advantage.
Team fit is equally as important as experience and we are looking for individuals with a positive attitude and ambitious drive that want to grow within the business.
The successful Part Engineer 3 candidate will be rewarded with a basic salary of up to £59K plus excellent fringe benefits and a full time, permanent position within a vastly successful business within aerospace and defence.
An immediate start is available for candidates that can demonstrate all the above requirements.
If the above position sounds perfect for you, or you require more information, please click apply or contact GMP Recruitment directly.
GMP Recruitment are recruiting for this role on behalf of their client and are acting as a Recruitment Agency.