GMP Recruitment are proud to be partnered with a vastly successful UK based manufacturer, consolidator and innovator that supplies to Retail, Leisure, Food Service and Hospitality market sectors, as well as a range of major UK and European retailers.
We are supporting their recruitment for a Nights Warehouse and Transport Supervisor to join their brand new distribution centre in Gateshead, on a full time permanent contract.
You will supervise the Outbase team in all delivery operations.
The working hours for this position are 11pm – 7am Sunday – Thursday. To be considered, you must have a HGV2 License and a PPT License.
As Nights Warehouse and Transport Supervisor you will be accountable for the correct and full receipt/despatch of customer orders, ensuring that all EPUK operational processes are both promoted and followed as well as ensuring adherence to the outbase site legislative, safety, and organisational policies and procedures.
This opportunity is to be part of a brand new site that is being opened due to phenomenal growth and great success within the business, so this is a really exciting opportunity to be part of the first team in Gateshead and really make your managerial mark on this new adventure.
Nights Warehouse and Transport Supervisor main duties:
- You will lead, coach, mentor and develop the Outbase Team to build and continuously improve the operation engendering a best in class, customer service focused delivery operation
- To take full responsibility for the issuing and communication of daily deliveries including briefings based on previous day’s results and expectations for current day’s workload using KPI indicators and measurements
- You will liaise with, and manage incumbent Outbase personnel for the unloading and marshalling of customer orders received through trunking network
- Review vehicle check sheets and action defects appropriately, accurately and efficiently load final mile fleet with correctly sequenced customer orders
- Confirmation of arrival, unloading, loading and departure times by trunker/final mile vehicle/customer order
- Support management with all other duties and ensure a safe working environment for the team
Nights Warehouse and Transport Supervisor desired skills and experience:
- A minimum of 2 years' experience within a fast paced, dynamic transhipment/cross doc operation
- HGV 2 License and PPT license are ESSENTIAL
- Highly motivated and customer service focused
- Self-reliant and decisive
- Strong man management skills
The company are ideally looking for the successful candidate to start in July 2021. There will be training for a week at an additional site before you commence your employment at the Gateshead site. Travel and accommodation will be provided for this.
On offer for all the above is a salary of £30,000, plus night shift allowance of £2,600p/a. You will receive a full time, permanent contract plus additional company benefits.
If the above position sounds perfect for you, or you require more information, please click apply or contact GMP Recruitment directly.
GMP Recruitment are recruiting for this role on behalf of their client and are acting as a Recruitment Agency.