GMP Recruitment are proud to partner a highly successful and fast-growing technology company based in Willenhall. We are recruiting on their behalf for a Multi-Skilled Fitter, Machinist and Toolmaker to join their team on a full time, permanent contract.
Our client is a leading and innovative organisation in a specialist defence related industry. They have seen substantial growth in the last few years so there has never been a better time to join.
What our client does is incredibly unique with innovative invasive technology, so individual skill set as well as the ability to work within a small team of professionals, is VERY important.
The ideal candidate for this role will be experienced, time-served in a fitter/toolmaker role with a wide cross-section of manual machining skills and you will be able to demonstrate an SVQ/NVQ level 3 or C&G Mechanical Craft Studies. We are ideally looking for a candidate that can show 5 years or more in a similar engineering/manufacturing environment.
Multi-Skilled Fitter, Machinist and Toolmaker main duties:
- Use key skills in the development, manufacture, testing, and support of company’s projects.
- You will have extensive knowledge of manual lathes and mills
- You will be comfortable machining to exacting standards
- You will support the development demands of the company in a quick and efficient manner to ensure customers satisfaction
Multi-Skilled Fitter, Machinist and Toolmaker desired skills and experience:
- Extensive experience in the operation of manual lathes and mills.
- Experience in working to exact standards on complex, tight tolerance parts.
- Broad understanding of mechanical processes.
- Ability to work as part of a small team
- Knowledge of electro-pneumatic equipment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- SVQ/NVQ level 3 or C&G Mechanical Craft Studies (Parts I, II & III with a minimum pass level of “Credit”)
- EITB First Year ‘Off the Job’ Certification
- EITB Module Training Certification
- Toolmaking & Fitting and Indentured Apprenticeship.
This is a full time, permanent position, Monday – Friday 09:00am – 17:00pm.
This role comes with a highly competitive basic salary up to £35,000 which is demonstrable with experience, plus excellent fringe benefits and great career progression opportunities.
If the above role sounds perfect for you, please click apply.
For more information contact GMP Recruitment Directly.
GMP Recruitment are recruiting for this role on behalf of their client and are acting as a Recruitment Agency.