GMP Recruitment are proud to be in partnership with a highly recognisable, leading manufacturer located in Kidderminster. We are currently recruiting on their behalf for someone to join their team as a Mill Manager on a full time, permanent contract.
This role will suit someone with strong man management skills and conversant with reporting on key measurement data overseeing the day-to-day activities and maximising plant efficiency.
This is a great opportunity to join a highly successful business that is a leader in the field of work that they produce.
Mill Manager main duties:
- Day to Day Management and Safe Operation of the Round Timber Manufacturing Plant.
- Ensuring all reporting is completed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Ensuring ALL SSOW are followed.
- Ensuring ALL mandatory PPE is worn.
- Ensure key inbound raw timber checks are completed.
- Oversee weekly inventory counts are completed on Raw Timber.
- Ensuring ALL mandatory daily machine inspections are completed.
- Supervision of sub-contractors not covered by Maintenance.
- Support Maintenance to aid delivery of key PPM schedules.
- Ensure all support processes including Production Dashboard, Production Planning, Daily Performance Documentation, Quality Control, Raw Material and Purchase Order management are maintained and delivered to the required standards.
- Working with the site Compliance Officer ensure all Health and Safety documentation is completed in line with policy and legislation.
- Working with the Operations Manager and Compliance Officer in ensuring all Health and Safety audit actions are prioritised and completed.
- Report as required any Health and Safety issues through the appropriate communication channels.
- Ensure ALL areas of responsibility are maintained to the highest 5S standards.
Mill Manager desired skills and experience:
- Experience in SAGE 1000 or similar packages.
- Strong man manager and leadership skills.
- Competent use of all Microsoft Office programs.
- Compile, analyse and communicate data confidently.
- Able to lead manage and develop a team.
- A proactive, self-motivated individual with meticulous attention to detail.
- Can demonstrate previous examples of key roles and responsibilities.
- Comfortable communicating at all levels.
- Able to plan, prioritise and deliver to target timelines.
- Experience of Stock control and perpetual inventory counting.
This position operates on a standard weekly shift pattern which will be Monday – Friday, 08:30am – 17:00pm.
For all the above requirements the successful Mill Manager will receive an annual salary between £32,000 - £35,000 depending on experience, plus additional company benefits.
AN IMMEDIATE START IS AVAILABLE FOR SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE.
If the above role sounds perfect for you, or you require more information, please click apply.
GMP Recruitment are recruiting for this role on behalf of their client and are acting as a Recruitment Agency.