GMP Recruitment are proud to be partnered with a hugely successful and highly recognised leading international manufacturer located on the outskirts of Worcester. We are recruiting on their behalf for a Metallurgist to join their team on a full time, permanent contract.
As a Metallurgist you will be responsible for metallurgical examination of both production and development parts in line with company requirements and customer specifications.
The ideal candidate for this position will be an experienced Metallographer, preferably Degree educated in Metallurgy/Materials Science, at minimum HND, with technical knowledge of lost wax casting process, and thermal processing and Ni & Co base superalloys.
Metallurgist main duties:
- Progress parts/samples through laboratory and to sub-contractors as required and raise necessary reports and certification
- Routine sample preparation, metallographic evaluation and reporting of engineering development and production test samples in line with company and customer requirements
- Overcheck and approve certifications and reports (e.g. alloy certifications)
- Non-routine failure analysis of processed and/or returned products
- Macrostructure assessment and reporting
- Welding approvals and assessments
- Support non-metals testing (e.g. MOR)
- Support thermal processing, chemical analysis and mechanical testing as required including auditing internal departments and sub-contractors as required
- Prepare new SOP’s and PTI’s and provide training to Lab personnel as required
- Comply with and support the EHS polices, processes and programmes
- Ensure EHS training is adhered to
- Support the Quality processes and programmes to drive the business performance
Metallurgist desired skills and experience:
- Experienced metallographer
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong time management and ability to work to tight deadlines
- Ability to streamline processes and reporting for optimised efficiency
- Ability to work alone and as part of a team
- Preferably Degree educated in Metallurgy/Materials Science, at minimum HND or extensive experience required
- Competent in using Microsoft Office packages
- Ideally have technical knowledge of lost wax casting process, and thermal processing and Ni & Co base superalloys
This position can offer an immediate start for the successful candidate.
For all the above requirements you can expect to receive a salary of up to £35,000 working 37.5 hrs a week, Monday – Friday., plus excellent fringe benefits.
If the above role sounds perfect for you, please click apply.
GMP Recruitment are recruiting for this role on behalf of their client and are acting as a Recruitment Agency.