GMP Recruitment are recruiting on behalf of our client in Kidderminster for an experienced Mechanical Engineer/Fitter to join their ever growing and successful team.
Our client is a hugely successful engineering company that provide turnkey production lines through to high level test and inspection systems, across a variety of industry sectors. Their clients include world class, sector leading, blue chip companies that provide large amounts of repeat business due to the unique and bespoke services provided.
The ideal candidate for this role will come from a Mechanical Fitter/Maintenance Engineer background with strong skills in mechanical, machining, fitting and assembly.
Mechanical Engineer/Fitter main duties:
- You will be responsible for working for mechanical machine fitting and assembly
- Ensure all activities are completed within Health and Safety guidelines
- Oversee that all duties are carried out to high quality standards in a timely fashion
- All areas of fitting to be carried out, from shop floor build to commissioning
- Work closely with developing and apprentice staff
Mechanical Engineer/ Fitter desired skills and experience:
- Previous mechanical, machining, fitting, and assembly experience is essential
- Would be from a Mechanical Fitter/Maintenance Engineer background
- Knowledge of pneumatics is preferred
- Problem solving and fault-finding skills
- Must have the ability to read Engineering Drawings and Solid works
- Must have the ability to work alone and as part of a small team
- Must be able to form and sustain strong working relationships with Project Managers, Design Engineers and be willing to work closely with customers
- Must be adaptable, willing to partake in site visits for evaluation, build and commissioning purposes
- Must be able to react and be available for occasional short notice site visits and extended hours
This is a full time, permanent position working Monday – Friday with a 12:30pm finish on a Friday. Over time is available.
You will be rewarded with a highly competitive basic salary up to £40,000 which is pending experience, a clean working environment and a varied workload, working on something different every day.
We are looking for someone to step into this position in July 2022, but this can be negotiated if the successful candidate is immediately available.
If the above role sounds perfect for you, or you require more information, please click apply
GMP Recruitment are recruiting for this role on behalf of their client and are acting as a Recruitment Agency.