GMP Recruitment are proud to be partnered with a hugely successful, specialist manufacturer that work within air pressure control, providing bespoke engineering solutions.
We are currently recruiting on their behalf for a Manufacturing Supervisor to join their sheet metal workshop on a full time, permanent basis, located in Malvern, Worcestershire.
The ideal candidate will be a qualified Engineer with previous experience working within a supervisory or managerial role. This opportunity would also be very well suited to a Senior Sheet Metal Production Supervisor / Machine Programmer or Operator with some exposure to leading a team.
This is a great opportunity to join a growing and expanding organisation that champions career progression and development.
Manufacturing Supervisor main duties:
- Programming the punch press and press brake using RADAN.
- Overseeing the production team and ensuring work is carried out effectively to a production plan.
- Managing Stock levels.
- Reporting back to their line manager on any issues.
- Liaising with other departments where necessary.
- Tackling any issues that may arise throughout production day to day.
Manufacturing Supervisor desired skills and experience:
- Qualified in Engineering ideally (NVQ / HNC / HND / Degree or similar) OR Qualified by experience.
- Previous experience working in a supervisory or managerial position.
- Experience and understanding of CNC punch press and press brake machines.
- Understanding of KPI monitoring.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Be self-motivated and have a positive attitude.
- Previous experience working in a manufacturing environment
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Any experience in continuous improvement or lean manufacturing is very beneficial.
- Certified forklift operator would be useful.
An immediate start can be available for the successful candidate.
This is a full time, permanent position, Monday – Friday, 39 hours a week.
For all the above requirements you can expect to receive a salary up to £35,000 which is demonstrable with experience, plus excellent fringe benefits including pension, company bonus scheme inclusion and a health cash plan.
If the above position sounds perfect for you, or you require more information, please click apply or contact GMP Recruitment directly.
GMP Recruitment are recruiting for this role on behalf of their client and are acting as a Recruitment Agency.