We at GMP Recruitment are recruiting on behalf of a well-established manufacturing company, based in the Tewkesbury area, and we are looking for a Manufacturing Operative to join their team on a full-time, permanent, contract.
Our client specialises in rubber products and are a current lead in engineered polymer solutions. They have had a fantastic growth and are now looking to extend their team.
In this role you will be responsible for the manufacturing of the products for the company, making sure all health and safety standards are being followed.
This position operates on the following shifts:
Week 1 – Monday to Friday, 06:00am – 14:00pm
Week 2 – Monday to Thursday, 14:00pm – 23:53pm
Please only apply for this position if you can commit to these shifts.
The standard hourly rate for this Manufacturing Operative role is £12.92, however, once you complete 12 successful weeks your pay rate will increase to £13.27.
Manufacturing Operative main duties:
- Operate limited number of machines
- Correct usage of guards and safety switches for machinery
- Locate materials and tooling
- Understanding of materials for product manufacture
- Identification and use of correct parts/machine for production
- Correct use of sprays/solvents/cleaning agents as applicable
- Correct manual handling of tools and moulds
- Carry out all operations as outlined in production paperwork
- Flexible, to be transferred to other areas of production
- Carry out all work activities in accordance with HSE requirements
- Keep work area(s) in compliance with company housekeeping standards
Manufacturing Operative desired skills and experience:
- Experience in a manufacturing environment (Essential)
- Quality conscious with strong attention to detail
- Good coordination skills
- Ability to understand and complete paperwork
- Maintain standards as set by Company
- Adaptable to change
- Ability to communicate with appropriate personnel
- Ability to learn new skills
- Excellent standard of attendance and punctuality record
AN IMMEDIATE START IS AVAILABLE FOR SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE.
If the above role sounds perfect for you, or you require more information, please click apply.
GMP Recruitment are recruiting for this role on behalf of their client and are acting as a Recruitment Agency.