GMP Recruitment are recruiting on behalf of our client located in Lydney, Gloucestershire for an experienced Manufacturing Manager to join their ever growing and successful team on a full time, permanent contract.
This position will be based in their paint shop department.
PAINT SPRAY EXPERIENCE IS NOT ESSENTIAL AS IT WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE TRAINING. WE ARE LOOKING FOR A MANUFACTRUING MANAGER WITH STRONG PEOPLE MANAGEMENT SKILLS.
This is a double day shift on a rotation of two weeks.
Week 1 – 5:45am – 14:00pm
Week 2 – 13:45pm – 22:00pm
Our client is a fast growing and highly successful manufacturing company that has gone through substantial growth in the last few years through hard work and great service.
Reporting to the Paint Shop Supervisor, the Manufacturing Manager of the paint shop will direct the activities of the team members working within the paint spray department of a busy manufacturing company, scheduling their work to meet production requirements and ensure an efficient and safe working environment.
This challenging position places high premiums on effective teamwork, clear communication, intelligent judgement, and unwavering dedication to delivering product to the production line on time and in full. You will be ensuring the paint work is completed on all products to the highest standard so the ideal candidate for this position will be able to demonstrate experience in a similar, high volume production environment with strong team management skills.
Manufacturing Manager main duties:
- Based on the production schedule, allocate individual tasks to each member of the team.
- Motivate and drive team members to continually achieve excellence in all aspects of their endeavours.
- Monitor and record productivity and adherence to quality standards.
- Maintaining ISO 9001
- Whilst your manager will conduct all disciplinary review meetings, you will be required to assist in any preparation required.
- Maintain a clean & safe workplace.
- Ensure all electrical equipment is PAT complaint, if not, withdraw from use and notify the maintenance manager.
- Ensure all PPE is signed for by the team member (new issue or replacement).
- Ensure all PPE identified by Risk Assessments is worn correctly.
- Conduct team toolbox talk.
- Attend/support daily production meetings as required.
- Ensure daily routine maintenance is completed and recorded. Notify the Maintenance Manager of defects.
- Report any machinery break down to both your manager and the maintenance team, recording the failure and duration of the down time.
- Regularly review all hand tooling and record problems to the Maintenance Manager.
Manufacturing Manager desired skills and experience:
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment, within the paint or paint spray department
- Able to optimize and prioritise resources to maximise productivity.
- Full colour vision
- Physically capable of performing all roles within the team.
- Able to participate in training sessions, presentations and team improvement meetings.
- Ability to read & interpret documents, reports, drawings i.e., safety rules, operating & maintenance instructions, manuals etc.
- Good communication skills.
- Lead by example.
- Quality driven, strive to be the quality champion.
The hourly rate is £15.28 and offers a premium rate for the afternoon shift of an additional 20% on the hourly rate. Overtime is also available.
The Paint and Foam Chargehand position can offer an immediate start for the successful candidate, so do not miss out and apply today!
GMP Recruitment are recruiting for this role on behalf of their client and are acting as a Recruitment Agency.