GMP Recruitment are recruiting on behalf of our client in Gloucestershire for a Maintenance Engineer to join a highly successful, rapidly expanding organisation.
Our client is a highly successful, leading engineering firm with who specialise in a wide range of markets including infrastructure, oil, and mining.
The ideal candidate for this role will be a time served Maintenance Engineer with at least three years’ experience preferably in heavy engineering environments. Additional attributes for the ideal candidate include electrical, mechanical, pneumatic, and hydraulic knowledge. Computer literate, preferably with CMMS experience. PLC and control system working knowledge desirable. Ability to create Risk Assessments. Good time management, organisation, planning, and communication skills.
Maintenance Engineer duties:
- Provide a professional maintenance service to all areas of the factory which allows equipment to be operated in a safe and efficient manner, as required by the business.
- To improve equipment reliability and minimise asset downtime
- To provide an efficient, effective, flexible, and cost-conscious service.
- Ensure all maintenance work conducted meets, as a minimum, Mabey Bridge procedures and current legislation.
- To support production in the manufacture of product in business-critical times.
- To provide maintenance and production support across any shift pattern
Maintenance Engineer required skills and experience:
- To undertake PPM, breakdown, and planned maintenance activities on all equipment.
- Undertake minor projects if requested to do so.
- Accurately record all maintenance activities conducted on the company Computerised
Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Follow Line Manager instructions from Shift Manager, outside of core business hours
- Attain working knowledge of all production equipment.
- Working as part of a small multi-functional team or alone.
- To follow relevant maintenance instructions, procedures, and protocols, suggesting where
improvements can be implemented.
- To use the Maintenance Department facilities and all other parts of the factory, machinery, and systems in a safe manner in accordance with current company and Health & Safety Legislation.
- Maintain excellent levels of housekeeping so the Maintenance function facilities are an example to the rest of the factory and ensure company assets are kept clean and tidy.
- Ensure all maintenance tasks conducted in accordance with Mabey Bridge Health & Safety,
- Environmental and Quality procedures.
- To keep the Maintenance Manager, Shift Manager, or their delegates informed of asset
breakdowns and urgent spare part requirements that could affect the business in any way.
- To use the Stores and spare parts resources in accordance with any relevant company
procedures and policies, and that spare parts replacement procedure is adhered to.
- Consult with Maintenance Manager, Shift Manager, or their delegates, before modifying any
machines, assets, or service support systems, so that safety, servicing, and cost implications
- Continuously develop skills and knowledge to keep up to date with legislative changes,
technological developments and to increase the efficiency of the production operation.
- To support business need at critical times by providing shift cover to ensure minimum staffing levels are maintained.
- Be prepared to work overtime or alternate shift patterns from time to time should the business require it.
- Build and maintain excellent communication between Maintenance and all other functions.
- If required, manage contractors in a safe manner, as detailed in the Mabey Contractor
This is a full time, permanent position, 42 hours per week: 2 days 0600 – 1800 and 2 nights 1800 - 0600, 4 on 4 off.
This role comes with a highly competitive salary up to 39,540K which is pending experience, plus excellent fringe benefits including 22 days holiday.
If the above role sounds perfect for you, please click apply.
For more information contact GMP Recruitment Directly.
GMP Recruitment are recruiting for this role on behalf of their client and are acting as a recruitment business.