GMP Recruitment are proud to be partnered with a well-respected and highly successful law firm located in Cheltenham. We are supporting their recruitment for a Legal Secretary to join their Town and Country Homes team on a full time, permanent basis.
Our client is a law firm that has built a reputation around providing outstanding legal advice and exceptional service to regional, national and international private clients.
As a Legal Secretary you will provide expert secretarial and administrative support to a small but busy team, working under two Partners of the firm and dealing with high net-worth clients and high-value properties, so it is vital you have exceptional attention to detail and excellent client services skills.
The ideal candidate for this position will be an experienced Legal Secretary with strong conveyancing experience with excellent typing speeds and accuracy who is able to provide excellent
Legal Secretary main duties:
- Providing secretarial support to a busy team of partners, solicitors, and other fee earners dealing with high net-worth clients and high-value properties.
- File opening including client due diligence, file management, and closure.
- Obtaining documents from Land Registry.
- Ordering searches.
- Typing letters, emails, and reports on title and contract documentation.
- Dealing with disbursements and client account management.
- Preparation of completion statements and invoices.
- Completing Stamp Duty Land Tax returns and filing them with HMRC.
- Preparation of documentation for applications to the Land Registry.
- Lodging applications through the Land Registry portal.
- Dealing with clients on the telephone and in person where necessary.
Legal Secretary desired skills and experience:
- At least 5 years of experience supporting property fee earners.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Familiar with case management systems.
- Self-starter and uses own initiative.
- Understanding of the conveyancing process.
- Ability to work under pressure.
This is a full time, permanent position, Monday – Friday, 09:00am – 17:30pm.
In return for all the above you will receive a salary of up to £25,000 which is demonstrable with experience, plus excellent fringe benefits.
This position can offer an immediate start for the successful candidate.
If the above role sounds perfect for you, or you require more information, then apply NOW!
GMP Recruitment are recruiting for this role on behalf of their client and are acting as a Recruitment Agency.