GMP Recruitment are proud to be partnered with a hugely successful and highly recognised leading international manufacturer located on the outskirts of Worcester.
We are actively working alongside them to recruit a Laboratory Technician to join their team on a full time, permanent contract.
The successful Laboratory Technician will be responsible for macrostructure assessments of product, for thermal processing of test material and operation of the laboratory furnaces, and for progressing and certifying test material in line with customer specifications and drawings.
The ideal candidate will have a degree or be educated in Metallurgy/Materials Science, at minimum HND or possess extensive experience, with technical knowledge of lost wax casting process, and thermal processing.
Laboratory Technician main duties:
- Progress parts/samples through laboratory and to sub-contractors as required and raise necessary reports/certification
- Macrostructure assessment and reporting for production, investigation and validation purposes
- Completion of metallurgical assessment of surface degradation and HIP closure samples
- Review of thermal processing documentation
- Ensure specimens, documentation, and files are correctly identified and stored in the correct areas, including storage/archive, ensuring laboratory scrap levels are controlled, and ensure that logs and noticeboards are maintained and updated.
- Check stock levels and order as required, check and monitor stock performance
- Maintain Lab Heat Treatment furnaces and ensure bars/samples are processed within agreed timescales
- Maintain and improve Lab 6S standards
- Maintain Lab equipment
- Provide training to Lab personnel when and where required
Laboratory Technician desired skills and experience:
- Preferably Degree educated in Metallurgy/Materials Science, at minimum HND or extensive experience required
- Competent in using Microsoft Office packages
- Ideally have technical knowledge of lost wax casting process, and thermal processing and Ni & Co base superalloys
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong time management and ability to work to tight deadlines
- Ability to streamline processes and reporting for optimised efficiency
- Ability to work alone and as part of a team
This position can offer an immediate start for the successful candidate.
For all the above, the successful Laboratory Technician will receive a competitive basic salary, which is demonstrable with relevant experience, plus excellent company benefits.
If the above position sounds perfect for you, or you require more information, please click apply or contact GMP Recruitment directly.
GMP Recruitment are recruiting for this role on behalf of their client and are acting as a Recruitment Agency.