GMP Recruitment are proud to be partnered with a vastly successful Birmingham based UK and European manufacturer and supplier.
We are recruiting on their behalf for an Imports Manager to join their head office in Birmingham, on a full-time permanent contract.
The working hours for this position are Monday – Friday 09:00am – 17:30pm.
As Imports Manager you will take full responsibility for the arrival of all supplier shipments and containers into the business in a timely approach that is within the time constraints allowed without additional costs.
The ideal candidate for this position will be able to demonstrate experience in a similar Importation led role with strong knowledge of imports procedures and general shipping documentation / process.
Imports Manager main duties:
- All imports to be monitored for ETA and update files where necessary.
- Copy documents and originals ATR & GSP to be sent to clearing agent.
- Original documents to be filed in appropriate SN files.
- Original Bills of lading to be sent to shipping line or seek telex-release confirmation.
- Up on receipt of copy documents from shipper, copy one set for accounts for payment and clearing agent.
- Create Shipping Notification if necessary.
- File SN in Order of ETA.
- Monitor and confirm ETA of the vessel with Shipping Line website.
- Freight negotiation on annual tender and any ad-hock freight requirement.
- Dealing with export documentations as and when required.
- Ensuring all containers are cleared custom upon arrival.
- Confirm tariff headings and applicable rates of duty
Imports Manager desired skills and experience:
- Be experienced on SAP (or similar)
- Knowledge of imports procedures and general shipping documentation / process
- Ability to work under time constraint pressurised environment.
- To monitor containers arrival and avoid rent and demurrage.
- To Monitor accuracy of data on the files.
- Book containers as per stock requirement avoiding charges.
The successful Imports Manager can expect to receive a salary of £40,000 plus additional company benefits and great career prospects.
If the above position sounds perfect for you, or you require more information, please click apply or contact GMP Recruitment directly.
GMP Recruitment are recruiting for this role on behalf of their client and are acting as a Recruitment Agency.