GMP Recruitment are recruiting on behalf of our client located in Lydney, Gloucestershire for an experienced HR & Payroll Assistant to join their ever growing and successful team on a full time, permanent contract.
Our client is a fast growing and highly successful manufacturing company that has gone through substantial growth in the last few years through hard work and great service.
Reporting to the HR Business Partner, the HR & Payroll Assistant will help with the implementation of services, policies and programs aimed at maintaining a safe and positive environment, supporting the recruitment and ongoing development of a superior workforce. You will help to ensure a consistent, efficient and proactive support service is delivered to all functions in the organisation whilst contributing to the improvement of operational processes and developing excellent communications and engagement with managers, employees and external partners.
The duties are wide-ranging and include general administrative practices across the full employment cycle, including recruitment, record maintaining and payroll processing. The role is a challenging but interesting one, where no day is the same, with a fantastic opportunity for holistic personal development and learning.
The ideal candidate for this role will be an experienced HR & Payroll led professional that can demonstrate a CIPD Level 3 qualification.
HR & Payroll Assistant main duties:
- Assist with the co-ordination and delivery of a variety of recruitment activities, including vetting candidates, checking ID, obtaining references and working with the on-site agency
- Processing payroll and assisting with the documentation of employee compensation and benefits
- Provision of administrative support, including maintenance of the organisation’s HRIS and time and attendance system.
- Production of contracts, offer letters and other procedural and statutory paperwork.
- Support the implementation and maintenance of processes and procedure controls
- Employee orientation, development, and training logistics and recordkeeping
- Employee relations, Employee safety, welfare, wellness, and health reporting
- Process documentation and prepare reports relating to personnel activities (staffing, recruitment, training, absence, grievances, performance appraisals etc)
- Coordinate HR projects (meetings, training, surveys etc) and take minutes
- Deal with employee requests regarding human resources issues, rules, and regulations
- Supporting internal and external inquiries and requests related to the HR department
- Compiling and maintaining paper, digital and electronic employee records, including holiday and sickness leave
Management Accountant desired skills and experience:
- Level 3 Foundation CIPD Qualification
- Full understanding of payroll practices (Essential)
- Minimum of three years’ administrative experience
- Working knowledge of HR functions and best practices
- Enthusiastic self-starter with the ability to thrive working under pressure.
- Thrives in a fast paced, dynamic and constantly changing environment.
- Excellent accuracy and attention to detail.
- Enthusiastic and passionate with a positive approach and a tenacity for innovation within the HR profession
Training and development will be provided through mentoring and on the job coaching with consideration being given to funding CIPD development.
The HR & Payroll Assistant position can offer an immediate start for the successful candidate.
For all the above requirements you will be offered a highly competitive basic salary up to £28,000 which is demonstrable with previous, relevant experience, plus additional company benefits.
If the above role sounds perfect for you, please click apply.
GMP Recruitment are recruiting for this role on behalf of their client and are acting as a Recruitment Agency.