GMP Recruitment are proud to be partnered with a highly successful, national component distributor within the automation industry and are recruiting on their behalf for a Health and Safety Officer on a full-time, permanent, contract.
Our client’s main UK base is in Milton Keynes where they occupy a purpose-built production, logistics and administration facility. Our client is proud to be a worldwide leading company supporting automation through the most advanced pneumatic and electric technologies.
The ideal candidate for this role will be able to create, develop, maintain and enhance the SMC Health & Safety Management System ensuring ISO45001 compliance and conformance. You will also be working with operational functions to ensure the company complies with applicable Health & Safety legislation to create a safe working and healthy environment for all employees.
Health and Safety Officer main duties:
- Manage and maintain the Health & Safety management system
- The management and the maintaining, accreditation, compliance and conformance of European and UK Legislation and Directives. Liaise with the approval bodies & Senior Management, prepare and distribute Health & Safety data and facilitate the approval body visits, when required
- Monitor the impact of new Health & Safety legislation and apply within SMC, when required
- Responsible for co-ordinating and facilitating the Health & Safety committee and internal Health & Safety improvement projects, promoting H&S culture across the company
- Investigate any Health & Safety incidents, concerns and accidents/near misses/illnesses and drive the improvements
- Undertake wider QHSE audits as part of team, record findings and drive closure of non-conformances
- Assist with evaluation of contractor risk assessments and method statements
- Assist with risk assessments and safe systems of work within the company
- To carry out all required processes and functions in an accurate and timely manner
- Create H&S documentation, toolbox talks and deliver required training
- To provide customers, both internal and external, with a high standard of customer service
- To attend presentations, courses and exhibitions relevant to the responsibilities listed
Health and Safety Officer desired skills and experience:
- IOSH membership
- Computer literate
- Self-starter, reacts methodically to changes in UK Legislation and in addressing non-conformances
- Dynamic, seeks out opportunities for improvement, delivers solutions
- Evidence of driving H&S change at company wide level
- Strong communicator, influencing and persuasion, training and coaching
- Must hold the Right to Work within the UK
The working hours for this position are Monday – Friday 08:30am – 17:00pm.
For all the above you will be rewarded with a competitive annual salary between £30K - £36K which is commensurate with experience, plus additional company benefits such as their pension scheme, private medical insurance and more.GMP Recruitment are recruiting for this role on behalf of their client and are acting as a Recruitment Agency