We at GMP Recruitment are recruiting on behalf of a well-established manufacturing company, based in the Pershore area, and we are looking for a Head Storeman to join their team on a full-time, permanent, contract.
Our client specialises in metal and are a current lead in the metalwork business. They have had a fantastic growth and are now looking to extend their team.
As Head Storeman, you will be managing the stores process and ensuring that everything is managed to a high standard. On top of this, you will also be leading the development of the inventory management and using the SAGE 200 ERP system throughout the process.
Head Storeman main duties:
- Support of production requirements at all times through filling kitting lists and issue from stores on a timely basis
- Work with procurement team to ensure inventories of generic parts and materials are adequate at all times.
- Assisting with cost control of stocks and participating in initiatives to eliminate waste and financial over-provision of stock.
- Participate in the establishment of and ensuring adherence to sound protocols/ inventory management processes for accurate perpetual stock records including process for regular test counts and follow up of discrepancies to allow correction of systems or proper application of process where required.
- Working with quality control team to ensure materials inwards are checked prior to booking in and adequate quarantine procedures applied for failed goods/ making appropriate arrangements for returns.
- Support set-up and maintenance of inventory parameters and BOMS & Routings in Sage 200
- Maintain inventories and inventory accuracies for Raw, WIP and finished goods in-line with company targets and support management reporting.
Head Storeman desired skills and experience:
- Minimum 1-3 years’ experience in the similar role and in a similar metal working, engineering sector
- Sound leadership and judgement
- A passion for accurate Inventory records and Inventory Control
- A committed team builder to ensure rigorous application of process and development of robust protocols which are rigorously applied.
- A committed team player with drive to support operational effectiveness.
- Experience of working with SAGE 200 stock system or similar in a hands on and leadership role
This position will be operating on a Monday – Friday, 07:45am – 17:00pm with an early finish on Friday of 13:00pm.
For all of the above you will be rewarded with an annual salary of £28,392, plus additional company benefits.
AN IMMEDIATE START IS AVAILABLE FOR SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE.
If the above role sounds perfect for you, or you require more information, please click apply.
GMP Recruitment are recruiting for this role on behalf of their client and are acting as a Recruitment Agency.