GMP Recruitment are recruiting on behalf of our client located in Hartlebury, near Kidderminster, for a highly motivated and driven Credit Controller to join their Finance team on a full time, permanent contract.
Our client is a well-known UK Manufacturer that can offer great career progression opportunities and a stable and secure working environment.
As Credit Controller, your job will be to maximise cash collection and minimise overdue debt through effective chasing of outstanding invoices. You will manage the maintenance of ledger including inputting and allocation of payments received and have close liaison with other internal departments to resolve queries.
This position would suit an Accounts Assistant looking for a new and challenging role or an individual that can demonstrate experience in a similar Credit Control/Payment chasing role with knowledge of lookups, pivot tables and sort features.
Credit Controller main duties:
- Responsible for effective chasing of overdue debt by phone, e-mail and letter.
- Input on the ledger payments received and accurate allocation.
- Reconciliation of debtor and some other ad-hoc accounts.
- Accurate and timely recording of queries and liaising with other internal departments to resolve queries to conclusion.
- Ensure customer static data is updated to reflect up to date information relating to the debtor accounts.
- Develop effective relationships with customers and internal colleagues to promote prompt payment and enhance customer service.
- Produce accurate weekly and ad-hoc reports to be included in management reporting pack.
- Actively engage in debt reviews with internal contacts and customers.
Credit Controller desired skills and experience:
- Able to use own initiative, make decisions and judgments when necessary.
- Able to communicate with customers and internal departments at all levels.
- Intermediate Excel skills to include working knowledge of lookups, pivot tables and sort features.
- Skilled at coordinating information from various sources to resolve customer queries that have led to non-payment of invoices.
- Confident in customer and internal meetings.
- Able to Identify and assess root causes of non-payment and/or repetitive queries and assist in implementing solutions.
- Ability to work consistently well and accurately under time deadline challenges
- Ability to work well in a team and individually.
- To act as a role model in demonstrating the Company values and carry out any other duties as reasonably requested.
- Skilled and organised in administration and filing to aid in debt collection, query resolution and Audits.
- Experience in a credit control role with the desire and ability to enhance skills further through on the job and external training.
This position is Monday to Friday, 08:30am – 17:00p. The successful candidate can expect to receive a salary up to £20,000 plus excellent company benefits and great career progression opportunities.
If the above role sounds perfect for you, please click apply.
For more information contact GMP Recruitment directly.
GMP Recruitment are recruiting for this role on behalf of their client and are acting as a Recruitment Agency.