Are you an enthusiastic and reliable Controls Engineer with significant experience in the design and development of turnkey automated systems?
Can you demonstrate skills in programming and integrating industrial robots?
GMP Recruitment are recruiting on behalf of our client in Hartlebury, Worcestershire, for an experienced Controls Engineer to join their growing and highly successful organisation.
This is a full time, permanent position that can offer job stability, security, and career development. The role will involve short periods of work at client facilities dependent upon project requirements and the needs of the client.
Our client is a lead turnkey solutions provider, with a talented team of innovative engineers covering all disciplines, providing world-class, bespoke solutions to their extensive client base.
The ideal candidate for this position will be someone who has experience in designing and commissioning production machinery. A strong maintenance background is advantageous, but you will be expected to have experience in completing systems and have expert knowledge of component parts including motors, drives and encoders.
Automotive, food & beverage, warehousing/factories are good areas to have worked in. If you have experience with robots we would be eager to hear from you.
Controls Engineer main duties:
- Extracting & interpreting customer requirements
- Assisting the sales and pricing process
- Contributing to system-level design specifications
- Contributing to external & internal design reviews
- Control systems design and development including programming
- Leading system integration, test and validation
- Documentation for system operation & maintenance
Controls Engineer desired skills and experience
- At least 5 to 10 years significant experience in the design of controls for bespoke, automated systems.
- Expert knowledge of component parts including motors, drives, encoders etc from major suppliers.
- Working familiarity with at least one major PLC, eg Siemens or Allen Bradley.
- Working familiarity with at least one major robot manufacturer eg ABB, Kuka etc
- Ability to interpret customer specifications & evaluate customer products & designs.
- Familiarity with Machinery safety directive, PUWER, CE Marking.
- Ability to take a leading role as an integral part of a multidisciplinary team.
- A focus on meeting project deadlines & budgets.
- An ability to contribute to multiple concurrent jobs.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
This role is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate who, in turn, would receive a highly competitive basic salary up to £45,000 which is demonstrable with experience, company pension, 25 days holiday, death in service and more.
Our client offers a fantastic work environment and a great team ethos where the ambition is driven by the universal enthusiasm of the team.
If you would like more information, or would like to apply, please click apply and one of our team will be in touch promptly.
GMP Recruitment are recruiting for this role on behalf of their client and are acting as a Recruitment Agency.