GMP Recruitment are proud to be partnered with the UK’s leading Collaborative Robots Specialists. We are recruiting on their behalf for a Coded TIG Welder to join their team on a full time, permanent basis.
Our client is vastly successful robotic system integrator that develop solutions to incorporate with existing market ready robots, supplying food, pharmaceutical and manufacturing industries. They are currently focusing heavily in the Food and Drink industry which require 316 stainless steel frames for food contact and critical areas and 304 stainless steel or powder coated mild steel for non-critical areas, which is why this position is now available.
The ideal candidate for this position will be able to demonstrate 5 - 6 years’ experience in Welding TIG Stainless steel and be capable of working with 316 and 304.
This is a unique set up – the successful candidate will assess the working area provided and inform our client of requirements needed, such as racking, welding equipment, sheet metal stock, tube stock, box section stock, welding consumables, UV Screening/sheeting, respiratory systems, ventilation system etc. to get the work done.
Our client will install what is needed at request, so it is vitally important that the successful candidate is proactive and able to work on own initiative.
Coded TIG Welder main duties:
- Welding on a range of projects all in the food and drink industry that are at various stages of design
- Weld without detailed fabrication drawings and go with isometric drawings
- Read drawings and work towards specifications such as Polishes, Finishes, Quality and other KPIs for stainless welded structures.
- Laser/hydro cut parts will be provided by external suppliers and this would be supplied for you to work on also
- Working to a weekly/daily schedule
- Working to the highest levels of health and safety
- You will be required to manage a part of the workshop
Coded TIG Welder desired skills and experience
- 5 - 6 years’ experience in Welding TIG – Stainless steel – capable of working with 316 and 304. MIG experience is also good.
- Proactive, good communicator and also able to work with minimal supervision.
- Coded welder for TIG and should be able to finish up welds and polishes to a DP2 finish at minimum.
- We do make a lot of changes once structures are built and therefore the successful candidate would need to accommodate changes ad-hoc and be able to work with the Engineering team to get these prototypes built to functional spec
The working hours for the Coded TIG Welder role are Monday – Friday, 9am-5pm
You will be offered an hourly salary up to £15 p/h which is demonstrable with experience. Overtime is also available with time and a half for Saturday hours worked and double time for Sunday hours.
My client can provide good quality work and a permanent position that can offer stability and security in these unusual times.
IMMEDIATE STARTS ARE AVAILABLE FOR SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES.
If the above role sounds perfect for you, or you require more information, please click apply
GMP Recruitment are recruiting for this role on behalf of their client and are acting as a Recruitment Agency.