GMP Recruitment are recruiting on behalf of our client in Stonehouse for a Class 2 Driver to join their ever growing and highly successful business, on a full time, permanent contract.
Our client is a leading manufacturer that supplies to clients throughout the UK. They are currently going through a substantial period of growth so there has never been a better time to join.
In this role you will undertake the safe, secure and efficient movement of products as required by the Customer, performing deliveries and collections to and from customer sites plus other locations as required, whilst representing the Company in a professional and courteous manner.
Class 2 Driver main duties:
- Ensure that all products are loaded and unloaded in a safe and suitable manner using approved methods and mechanical handling aids as appropriate to the size, weight and type of equipment
- You will need to carry out deliveries throughout the UK as and when requested
- Deliver products to customer sites, ensuring that only authorised personnel receive and sign for the goods, and complying as far as possible with customer directions
- Any Collections must have the correct paperwork so you will make sure that accessories designated for collection are identified and collected
- Ensuring that any excess, shortage or damage is correctly recorded and acknowledged by a person authorised to act on behalf of the customer
- Ensure that all paperwork is kept secure and in good condition
- Complete any handwritten details neatly and legibly
- Ensure that customers both legibly print and sign their name on any documents they are required to acknowledge receipt of delivery
- Carry out daily vehicle service checks in accordance with Company procedures and maintain records
- Carry out basic servicing: oil, water, tyre pressures etc in line with manufacturer’s specifications
Class 2 Driver desired skills and experience:
- Must hold a full Class 2 driving licence valid
- Previous experience of multi-drop delivery driving, and of driving a Class 2 vehicle
- Has a good geographical knowledge of Great Britain
- Good standard of personal presentation, spoken English and handwriting
- Good knowledge of legislation affecting commercial vehicle operating procedures.
- Able to carry out manual handling tasks
- Be able to carry out heavy lifting tasks efficiently
For all the above you will be rewarded with an hourly rate of £12.34 per hour. You will also receive an overtime hourly rate on both weekdays and weekends if you can be flexible, a £5 daily meal allowance plus additional company benefits.
You will also receive an annual loyalty bonus of £1600. This is paid in advance every year you are with the company.
If the above role sounds perfect for you, or you require more information, please click apply
GMP Recruitment are recruiting for this role on behalf of their client and are acting as a Recruitment Agency.