GMP Recruitment are recruiting on behalf of our client located in Lydney, Gloucestershire for an experienced Buyer to join their ever growing and successful team on a full time, permanent contract.
Our client is a fast growing and highly successful manufacturing company that has gone through substantial growth in the last few years through hard work and great service.
The Buyer position is a key role within the supply chain, where you will be responsible for supplier selection, supplier relationship management and compliance, working closely with other departments and generating reports used for key business decisions. There is a strong focus on inventory levels, on time in full, and MRP interpretation, so for that reason, SAP and MRP experience are essential in order to be considered for this role.
The ideal candidate for this position will be a detail-orientated Purchaser/Buyer that can demonstrate previous experience in a manufacturing environment.
Buyer main duties:
- Negotiate Terms & Conditions of Purchase with key suppliers.
- Supplier Audits to ISO9001 standards.
- Working with accounts department to ensure payment to agreed terms.
- Plan and execute procurement of finished goods from global manufacturers and suppliers.
- Instigate, support, advise and develop procurement tools and applications, that strengthen the procurement process for the department as a whole.
- Developing supplier base and partnerships to create a reliable and sustainable source of supply.
- Lead negotiation activities to drive and realise continuous improvement.
- Alignment of supplier agreements with business performance.
- Maintain purchase order status and shipment tracking to ensure on time deliveries.
Buyer desired skills and experience:
- Demonstrable level of Purchasing experience in a manufacturing role
- Microsoft Office intermediate capability for Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Word
- Working knowledge of SAP and MRP or equivalent
- Experienced in data collation and analysis
- Knowledge and understanding of supply chain concepts and application
- Assessment, development & management of suppliers
- Analytical thinker who demonstrates initiative with commercial focus
- Good communication
- Problem solving skills with attention to detail
- Teamwork and cross functional interpersonal skills
This Buyers position can offer an immediate start for the successful candidate.
For all the above requirements, the successful candidate will receive highly competitive basic annual salary of £30,000 - £36,000 which is demonstrable with previous relevant experience, plus excellent company benefits.
If the above role sounds perfect for you, please click apply.
For more information on this position, please contact GMP Recruitment directly.
GMP Recruitment are recruiting for this role on behalf of their client and are acting as a Recruitment Agency.