GMP Recruitment are proud to be partnered with a highly successful, national component distributor within the automation industry. We are supporting their recruitment for a Business Development Consultant to join their team on a full time, permanent contract, to take responsibility for winning new business and increasing presence within the UK.
This is a field based/remote working position and would suit an individual located in the South East of England.
Our client’s main UK base is in Milton Keynes where they occupy a purpose-built production, logistics and administration facility. Our client is proud to be a worldwide leading company supporting automation through the most advanced pneumatic and electric technologies, so this is a great opportunity to join a vastly successful and well-respected organisation.
The Business Development Consultant role will require the implementation of an attack strategy based upon comprehensive understanding of the customers’ business and product needs, as well as the development of robust professional relationships with key customer staff.
This role will be based within our key accounts team and you will be responsible for managing your day to day activities, journey planning, proactively setting up business meetings and drive sales by offering high levels of customer service.
The ideal candidate for this role will be an experienced sales and business development professional with previous demonstrable sales experience within the engineering sector and proven success with OEM accounts.
Business Development Consultant main duties:
- Arrange regular business reviews within targeted core accounts to discuss sales growth, user development, product campaigns and new product introduction
- Maintain or develop a strategy for electronic data interchange (EDI)
- Ensure all indirect channel partners comply with the Distribution Agreement
- Maintain and monitor core competences through the use of the “Channel Assessment” scorecard
- Liaise with Logistics for stock reviews and product refresh
- Ensure point of sale user data collection is activate with core channel partners
- Sales budget, growth and market share gain (Planning & Preparation, Exploring & Developing needs, Opportunity Selection)
- Produce, implement and maintain Account Development plans for sufficient accounts such that personal targets be achieved (Planning & Preparation, Relationship Management, Exploring & Developing needs, Opportunity Selection)
- Ensure contact network in all users and market stakeholders is fully developed (Relationship Management, Exploring & Developing needs)
- Ensure remaining potential (competitor business) is aggressively targeted using Lanchester principles (Professional Technical, Planning & Preparation, Core- Communication)
- Maintain accurate, current and relevant records, as requested, on such systems as are provided (Core – Company Awareness, Communication)
Business Development Consultant desired skills and experience:
- Sales experience, ideally within the automation industry
- Engineering knowledge/qualifications
- Proven success with OEM accounts
- Experience in working towards targets, goals & KPIs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a consultative sales approach
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Strong drive and resilience
The successful candidate will receive a competitive basic salary of £35,000 plus up to 25% quarterly commission based on growth, company car, laptop, phone, private medical insurance and ongoing training and development for future career opportunities.
Candidates applying for this position are asked to include a Cover Letter to accompany their application. This is a great way to sell yourself and your abilities to the business.
This is a great opportunity to work for a global market leader within pneumatics and automation technology that champion career development and progression.
There is an immediate start available for the right candidate.
GMP Recruitment are recruiting for this role on behalf of their client and are acting as a Recruitment Agency.