GMP Recruitment are proud to be partnered with a hugely successful, waste reclamation company located in Northampton. We are supporting their recruitment for an energetic and proactive Assistant Production Manager to join their team.
This is a full time, permanent position Monday – Friday – although you will need to have a flexible approach to manage a weekend shift or evening shift if required, which will not be often, but may occur.
As Assistant Production Manager, your duties will include the allocation and reconciling of all materials, equipment, and human resources on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
The ideal candidate for this role will demonstrate pervious production experience and exceptional planning abilities, with the objective of driving production rates and maximising plant performance and be comfortable working with the wider management team to solve production issues quickly and safely.
You must be a good leader who is not hesitant to step up, when needed.
Assistant Production Manager main duties:
- Assisting the Production Manager with administrative tasks such as production scheduling and temporary labour timesheets.
- Ensuring production output rates are maintained, and in line with the Production plan.
- Coordinating planned maintenance activities, liaising with the Engineering team.
- Appointing labour resources, through the publication of weekly labour schedules.
- Purchasing department consumables, ensuring Kanban processes are coordinated.
- Completing month-end material counts and providing department declarations.
- Working with the Yard Supervisor to ensure a structured stock management system is implemented and maintained.
- Overseeing product quality, liaising with the Quality Manager and Quality Engineer.
- Ensuring that production processes are optimised to meet the Production plan.
- Liaising with, and supporting the needs of the wider site teams [H&S, Logistics, Engineering, Commercial, Accounts
Assistant Production Manager desired skills and experience:
- Proven supervisory or management background, with a clear focus on continuous improvement, and the development of systems to support a multi-stage dynamic production process.
- Ability to confidently and proactively manage a shift based production environment.
- Exceptional analytical ability, problem solving production-related issues.
- Knowledge of procuring materials, equipment and labour, required to support the production process.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- Availability to work extended hours to meet deadlines, when necessary.
For all the above you will be rewarded with a basic salary of £35-40K which is commensurate with experience, plus additional company benefits.
This position has the ability to progress quickly and an immediate start is available for the successful candidate that can demonstrate all the above requirements.
If the above position sounds perfect for you, or you require more information, please click apply or contact GMP Recruitment directly.
GMP Recruitment are recruiting for this role on behalf of their client and are acting as a Recruitment Agency.